Friday 9 May 2014

Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith. (Review)


When I first got the book

WRECK THIS JOURNAL- I am absolutely in love with it. I find myself coming home from work, hopping in the shower or bath.. Depending on how hectic my day has been, then making myself a cup of tea and sitting down with pens, glue and glitter at the ready. This book is like some kind of therapy, it gets me writing in it when I'm angry, throwing it, dropping it out of my bedroom window and even poking holes in it. 

I feel like I can be as creative as I want to be with this book and it doesn't even matter if I'm good at art or not, it's still a fun thing to do. I even come up with ideas on what I'm going to do to a certain page at work, then I'll come straight home and write it on a post it note and stick it on the page just so I don't forget. This book has kind of taken over my free time.. I first saw it when I went shopping, I thought it was a normal journal but when I picked it up and realised it wasn't I put it back. Then a few weeks later I'd seen it on good reads, it sounded so interesting, so I typed it in on YouTube and see that Bunny aka grav3yardgirl l was having so much fun with it and I just really regretted not buying it when I had the chance.

So I ordered it from Amazon, I don't think I paid more that £6 including postage, I'm sure it was £5 ish... or definitely around that price. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect from it, I thought that I'd soon get bored of it and leave it to gather dust somewhere, but I have had it for over a month now and I'm still not tired of it and I am still thinking of fresh new ideas. I would recommend this book, I love it so much I'm even thinking about buying it for my best friend for his birthday, I definitely think he needs to unlock his creative side a little more and I think that he would have fun with this book. So seriously, if you haven't got this, then get it. It's probably my best buy of 2014. I was so impressed that I've now also ordered Finish this book, also by Keri Smith and I will let you know if I love that or not when it finally arrives. 

But this book gets 5 stars from me because and I say it again, I LOVE THIS BOOK!

P.s. Here are my favourite pages I've done so far..









Thanks for reading, 




No comments:

Post a Comment