Monday, 6 February 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review!

Hello Beautifuls,


Hope you're all doing great and as you can see I'm just going to do a review on the new Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. Well it's new in the U.K. I bought this foundation from Superdrug for £5.99 and it does say it's usually about £8.99 so I'm not sure if it was an introductory offer or not. For those of you that don't know, this is what it looks like:



Sorry the picture isn't clear! Ok, so this is how I looked before I used the foundation, my skin is pretty clear at the moment and remember that these pictures aren't edited whatsoever! You'll be able to tell though, so here is the before picture:





Ignore my pyjamas, haha. Ok so this is the product on the back of my hand:


If you scroll down you can read pros and cons by the way. This is me getting ready with the foundation:



And finally this is after:



Personally I think my skin looks more awake. This is without concealer on top and without a primer or anything underneath, it's just the foundation. 

PROS
  • Thick consistency, it doesn't run down the back of your hand.
  • Smells nice, you know how some foundations have a strong smell, well this one just smells pretty nice.
  • Easy pump.
  • The packaging looks nice and bright. Although clearly it's about the quality of product instead of what the packaging looks like. 
  • Good price. 
  • Good coverage.
  • I find that a little goes a long way, so it will last you a long time. 
  • Contains vitamins and peptides. 
  • Feels light on the skin.
CONS
  • I feel that for some people the glitter this foundation contains may be a bit too much to wear in the day time. Personally it doesn't bother me because I like the foundation but I know some people don't like to have glitter on their faces. 




To be honest, it's a good foundation. I love it. I even struggled to find one bad thing about it and all I could think of was the glitter that's in it. I feel it brightens up my face and definitely makes my skin appear more awake. This product will be purchased again by me. 

                      Karlee Valentine x

No comments:

Post a Comment