Monday, 13 February 2012

Curves.

Hello Beautifuls,


Felt the need to write this blog today because I feel body image is pretty important. I know a lot of girls, me included that wishes they were slimmer. There are two things that the girls I know often do, Eat healthy, join a gym and lose weight in a good way. Then there's the ones that stop eating, do loads of exercise, binge then purge and so on. It's not good how society makes us feel, anorexia is a serious illness because of pressure from the media. Take Adele for instance, she is stunning with a beautiful voice but most people concentrate on the fact the she's curvier then other singers rather then talking about her talent. 


Today I was on www.weheartit.com and I came across a picture and it really did inspire me to write this post. 




Of all eight women the one that caught my eye was the eighth one, Marilyn Monroe because she does look the most stunning. The sad thing is, nowadays she'd have been called FAT! In my opinion she's not fat, she's beautiful and she has a perfect figure. If societies idea of the perfect woman was Marilyn, then I'm sure there wouldn't be as many girls/women refusing to eat for fear of putting on a pound, taking laxatives because they regret eating a meal. Women should be proud of their curves, they should be more body confident. 




Look at Marilyn, she wasn't a size zero, she had curves. Beauty doesn't just come in one size and it's not defined by the size of someone's jeans. So what if you're a size 8, 16 or 24. You're beautiful. Wear your curves confidently and remember Marilyn Monroe once said:


"To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one. It's society whose ugly." -Marilyn Monroe.


Thanks for reading beautifuls! 


                           

8 comments:

  1. Girls with curves are definitely hot! I'm not fat, I'm not skinny either and I'm most happy about my curves or what they call the "S line" :)

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight there is not a day that goes back where i am happy with how i look. But that is something i have come to terms with and yes i am not thin, nor stunning or anything society classes as special but know what i have two gorgeous kid's to show for my curves so screw society ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree with you more, well said, great post! New follower :)

    X
    poochytails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really made me smile, made my day actually! Thank you hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the lovely comment. You've now made my day! :) x

      Delete
  5. I totally agree, and I want to steal this for a post of my own :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Love it :). New follower!


    Beautysageblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete